Mobile correspondence development is a expression that is basically provided to the development selected as the correspondence mode for the handheld devices including cellular phones, laptops, palmtops, digital assistants, worldwide positioning systems, wireless card payment systems etc.
There are numerous technologies that are utilized in correspondence of these devices like wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi), GSM services (2G & 3G), GPRS, Bluetooth, Virtual Private Networks, Dial up Modems etc. Using these technologies, 1 can communicate from workplace, house, automobile & even while traveling. Utilizing the internet or WAP services to access web either on telephone or laptops is termed as mobile computing that is additionally considered as a piece of Mobile Communication Technology.
Some of the foremost technologies that are utilized in the field of Mobile Communication is indexed as:
1. GPRS: General Packet Radio System is a mobile development that utilizes GSM services for information correspondence. It is mostly employed for providing the information services on cellular devices. One of the drawback of GPRS service was its slow connectivity, but with all the coming up of third Generation of GSM, the speed limit has been improved and the information transmission has become very quick. GPRS holds a distinctive feature by which a consumer will easily transmit the information while creating calls.
2. EDGE: Enhanced information rates for GSM Evolution or EGPRS is a technologies having the quicker information transmission rate in comparison to GPRS. If the EDGE network is not obtainable in some places, then there GPRS service is utilized as a substitution of EDGE.
3. Wi-Fi: Wireless fidelity is the technologies that utilizes wireless technologies correspondence for the information transmission; earlier Wi-Fi was just chosen with laptops and palmtops but now-a-days it’s furthermore selected with contemporary cellular phones that have Wi-Fi services. The advantage of utilizing Wi-Fi development is transmission speed as it will help up-to 100 Mbps.
4. Bluetooth: Bluetooth is a technologies that is chosen for the transmission of information between devices in a little range of 100 meter. The network formed from by Bluetooth devices is well-known as Piconet. The Bluetooth development is employed to create connections between numerous devices causing machine to machine correspondence. At once, 7 devices could communicate via Bluetooth.
5. GSM: Global System for Mobile communications is a technologies selected for digital cellular networks utilized for 2nd generation technologies but later it’s succeeded by 3G to grow the speed of circuit switched network. GSM network functions on different frequencies for 2G and 3G.
• 2G GSM network work in 850 Mhz or 1900 Mhz frequencies.
• 3G GSM network work in 2100Mhz frequency
Key qualities of 3G are: Video calling, Video download, transfer the big amount of information at a extremely excellent speed.
Apart from these, there are numerous alternative technologies including VPN that is selected to access exterior networks by a secured channel.
The advantage of mobile technologies is the fact that it makes our lifetime easy as we will access information resources and services from any piece of the globe. But simultaneously, it faces certain issues also like network difficulties, protection issues and expense of information services. But with advance in development, these difficulties are slowly decreasing and mobile correspondence technologies is creating our lifetime easy.